Every so often a new product comes along that once I've tried it, I've wondered how I ever did without. That's exactly the case with the Knitter's Pride Knit Blockers and I'm about to tell you why.
Right out of the box they are different. Knit Blockers look more like combs than the traditional blocking pins I'm used to. Now let's see how they perform. The Knit Blockers arrive in a sturdy plastic box. Look at how organized they are (image, above left)! Each set includes 12 large blockers and 8 small blockers (image, above right).
I've laid out my test project and here's what I think are their biggest advantages.
8 Things I Love About Knit Blockers
- Easy to insert and re-position. No snagging the stitches.
- Stable after inserted. They do not bend or pop out of the project.
- Pin to shape quickly and accurately without multiple re-pinnings.
- Covers more area than traditional t-pins.
- Ability to accentuate shaping and angles and pull out points with ease.
- Plenty of blockers to work with.
- Pinning time reduced.
- Sturdy container with foam insert to store and protect blockers not in use.
Check out the knife sharp edges and corners on my completed blocked project!
You can pick up your own set of Knitter's Pride Knit Blockers here. Until next time, happy knitting (and blocking)!
- Donna, the Knitting Doctor at NobleKnits