Designed by Nancy Rieck, this easy to knit hat features Feza Fiesta yarn that is loaded with texture and color. The fibers change as you knit so enjoy the process! The hat is knitted back and forth on straight needles, so it's ideal for knitters of all skill levels.
Sizes: Small (Medium, Large)
You will need:
Gauge: 20 sts x 16 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
Sl1: Slip one stitch
K2tog: Knit two stitches together
Very loosely cast on 65 (67, 69) stitches
Row 1: *Knit 1, purl 1. Repeat from * across. Knit 1.
Row 2: Sl1 purlwise, *knit 1, purl 1. Repeat from * across.
Row 3: Sl1 knitwise, *knit 1, purl 1. Repeat from * across.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 for 7.5 (8.5, 9.5)"
Row 4: Sl1 purlwise, *k2tog. Repeat from * acrouss. 32 (34, 36) stitches
- Cut a long tail at least 20 inches long.
- With a tapestry needle weave through remaining stitches.
- Pull into a tight ring and secure.
- Put slip stitched edges together and continue to sew side seam.
- Fasten off and weave in all yarn ends.