Episode 06: Christine Cardenas
Today we're chatting with a knitter who loves the entire fiber process. Hand dying, spinning, weaving, and knitting - Christine Cardenas does it all. Find out what she loves about the fiber process. Christine is from Powder Springs, GA. She's very connected with her knitting and spinning guilds. Christine shares her favorite knitting tips, designers, and charities.
Christine's Favorite Things
- Ablet Knitting Abacus (a bracelet that keeps track of your rows)
- Knitter's Pride Circular Needle Protector Tubes (set of 3)
Christine's Favorite Yarn Shops and Designers
- Designer, Barbara Benson: WatchBarbaraKnit on YouTube and her book, Mosaic & Lace Knits: 20 Innovative Patterns combining Slip Stitch Colorwork and Lace Techniques
- Whole Nine Yarns in Woodstock, GA
- Pins and Needles in Princeton, NJ
- Gale's Art
CHristine's Favorite Knitting Charities
- Little Hats Big Hearts - Red Hats to knit for babies in honor of heart disease awareness
- Click for Babies - Purple Hats to knit for babies to raise awareness of shaken baby syndrome
If you would like to be a guest on the show, click here to learn more.
Do you have questions for Christine? Post them below. What other questions would you like me to ask knitters on the podcast?