Welcome to the Hantsuki Knit Along! In Japanese, Hantsuki means "half moon" and that perfectly describes the shape of this delicate shawl project we are about to knit together.
A Little About This Knit Along
Hantsuki a wonderfully floaty, feminine and gracious shaped caplet. You can casually sling over bare shoulders this summer, or layer over a tee or sweater as the weather cools. Take her out to a movie, dinner or the simple pleasure of a summer walk on the beach. She'll soon become your BFF, I promise!
Using Just the Right Yarn
The secret behind Hantsuki is the yarn. If you don't know Berroco Folio, you're missing out on a real treat. This Superfine Alpaca/Rayon blend yarn provides you with a featherlight fiber that is extremely soft and drapey.
Using 2 balls of Folio, Hantsuki measures 12" length x 56" bottom circumference. If you would like to knit a longer version, we will be covering how to modify this pattern for length. Just be sure to purchase an extra ball.
What Will I Need?
- 2 balls (or 3 for longer length) Berroco Folio yarn
- Hantsuki Wrap Knitting Pattern (FREE with Folio Yarn purchase)
- Size US 6 circular needle 24" or greater
- 1 button 1/2"
- Iron or hand steamer for blocking (optional)
What Will I Learn?
(this knit along has already taken place, but it's always available! Click the links below to do the knit along at your leisure)
- How to Swatch Lace** - Pattern 1
- Swatch Blocking - Steam blocking
- Knit Lace Pattern 1 - How to read a lace pattern, increase and decrease stitches
- Cable Cast On
- Decrease Rounds
- Knit Lace - Pattern 2 - Increase and decrease stitches
- Project Blocking
- Final reveal!
**Adequate yardage for swatching is built into the pattern specifications by the Berroco Design Group.
What Skill Level?
Beginner and above. We'll include lots of images and helpful info for all the tricky parts!
How do I follow along?