Welcome to the Rachel’s Slow Curve Collar KAL (knit along). This is an elegant little neck piece project that once you get the hang of you’ll be able to go from “on the needles” to off the needles” in little more than an afternoon or two.
If you are a beginner, all the better...we will walk you through learning a few new skills. If you are a more experienced knitter, this knit along will still be great fun as you watch your piece grow, curve, and create the short-row collar all while getting to this project with lots of other knitters.
This project uses 1-skein of Wisdom Poems Chunky yarn. (Please note: This project tends to use every bit of one skein, so if you want to make it larger or your gauge is off, you may want to purchase an extra skein). It's a lovely self striping yarn that will show off your handiwork. There are lots of colors to choose from, so go ahead, gather your tools and your fiber, and let’s get started!
What will I need?
- 1 skein of Wisdom Poems Chunky Yarn, photographed in Sunken Treasure
- New Street Slow Curve Collar Knitting Pattern
- Size US 10.5 circular 32-40"needle
- 10 stitch markers - 2 in one color and 8 in another color
- Shawl pin
How do I follow along?
All of the posts will be on the here on the NobleKnits Blog. Add a bookmark! Join the KAL group on Ravelry. Be sure to follow nobleknits on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook. Use the hashtag #slowcurvekal to follow the KAL or post pictures of your progress.
What will I learn?
- Knit Along Day 1 - Cable cast on, knitting the bottom border, rib set up and knitting the body
- Knit Along Day 2 - Rib transition and creating the curve, center eyelets, and finish knitting the body
- Knit Along Day 3- Create collar with short rows, knit top border, cast off and wear!
Join the fun and happy knitting!