Christmas Stocking Knit Along!
We've partnered with our friends at Ewe Ewe Yarns - they are hosting a Stuff it Stocking Knit Along! Read below for all of the knit along details and supply list.
The knit along will begin on Tuesday, December, 3, 2013 and run for two and a half weeks. You can make the Stuff It Stocking even if you've never knit a sock/stocking before! This top-down sock knitting pattern has a few extra techniques, too. If you're a more experienced knitter maybe you'll learn something new or maybe you just want to knit along.
Get your knit along supplies at NobleKnits.com
15% OFF Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted Yarn thru 12/17/2013.
Use code: stuffitkal at checkout
Plus! Buy 3 or more balls of Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted Yarn and you will get the Stuff it Stocking PDF knitting pattern free with purchase!
What will I need?
- Yarn: 1 ball each of 3 colors of Wooly Worsted merino yarn (use code: stuffitkal for 15% off Wooly Worsted)
- Needles: Set of 5 size US 8 double pointed knitting needles
- Supplies: 1 stitch marker and a yarn needle
- Pattern: Stuff It Stocking knitting pattern (get this pattern free at NobleKnits with purchase of 3 balls of Wooly Worsted Yarn)
How do I follow along?
All of the posts will be on the Ewe Ewe blog. Add a bookmark! Join the KAL group on Ravelry. Be sure to follow eweeweyarns on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Use the hashtag #stuffitkal.
What will I learn?
Each topic will be posted on the Ewe Ewe blog. Here are the dates and topics for each section of the KAL:
- Tuesday 12/3: Day 1 Post - Casting on, knitting in the round, working the hem at the top.
- Thursday 12/5: Day 2 Post - Knitting the body of the sock and carrying colors while striping.
- Tuesday 12/10: Day 3 Post - Making the heel flap, turning the heel, knitting the instep.
- Thursday 12/12: Decreasing for the toe and Kitchener Stitch.
- Tuesday 12/17: Hang loop i-cord, finishing and blocking. Santa's coming!
Join the fun and happy knitting!