Yarn Review: Feza Viva Glitz Yarn
- Fiber Content: 85% Rayon, 15% Metallic
- 252 yards per hank
- Gauge: 5.5 stitches per inch on a size 6, dk weight yarn
- One skein is enough for a little shoulderette or an openwork scarf
What I first noticed about Viva Glitz is the way it felt in my hands. It is soft and drapey as you would expect from rayon, but it also has a surprising crispness and crunch that I usually associate with linen.
The Real Deal
- Viva Glitz was fun to work with, not sticky on the needles and produced a really nice openwork look when I upped my needle size to a 13.
- I was experimenting with a new stitch pattern and for me that means rip backs until I'm happy. I worked the same length of yarn numerous times and did not feel any changes in the texture or appearance of the yarn.
- The colors also have something to appeal to every taste, from summer teals to subtle earth tones. I chose Island Waters which has a subtle color shift from medium to dark teal.
- The metallic is not overwhelming, just enough to sparkle in the summer sun as well as being a stunner by candlelight.
- The only drawback that I could find is that the beginning and end stitches of each row are a bit untidy as the yarn does not have the spring-back qualities of wool. You can however, minimize this by working the 1st and last stitches close to the needle tips.
Feza Viva Glitz yarn is a good choice for a quick knit summer shawl, shoulderette, scarf or bolero.
Try this wonderful yarn for yourself and write your own yarn review right on the the product page! Shop Feza Viva Glitz Yarn