Captivating Cowl Free Knitting Pattern
Perfect for layering over spring and summer outfits, this light zigzag lace cowl knits up fast. It's a great way to try knitting lace if you've never knitted lace before. It uses just one skein of Berroco Captiva yarn. The yarn itself is a cotton/rayon blend with a lot of sheen. It almost looks like it's chenille, but it's a smooth shiny cotton that reflects the light beautifully.
Completed Cowl Measures: 5 x 22" lightly blocked
You will need:
Cast on 98 sts, join round being careful not to twist stitches. Place marker.
- Round 1 *K2, k2tog, yo, k3.* Repeat from * to * around.
- Round 2 Knit
- Round 3 *K1, k2tog, yo, k4.* Repeat from * to * around.
- Rounds 4-6 Knit
- Round 7 *Knit 3, yo, SKP, k2.* Repeat from * to * around.
- Round 8 Knit
- Round 9 *Knit4, yo, SKP, k1.* Repeat from * to * around.
- Rounds 10-12 Knit
- Repeat Rows 1-12, two more times. Bind off and weave in yarn ends. Block lightly.
- K knit
- k2tog knit 2 stitches together
- SKP slip 1 stitch, knit next stitch, pass the slipped stitch over the knit stitch
- st(s) stitch(es)
- yo yarn over