Reflecting over my knitting this past year, I realized something exciting is happening. We are really seeing a resurgence of fun novelty yarns and luxury hand dyed yarns.
The focus seems to be on getting a lot of wow out of a fun, quick-knit project while indulging in a special yarn. You don't need to spend $400 to knit an entire sweater, rather you can purchase just one or two balls of a gorgeous alpaca or hand dyed yarn and create a unique scarf, a set of wrist warmers, a cowl, or even a hat. This trend doesn't show any signs of slowing down, so stay tuned for a lot more unique, luxury, and one of a kind yarns for 2012!
Top 10 Yarns of 2011 + Hottest Patterns for Each Yarn
- Rozetti Marina Yarn - free 1-skein scarf pattern
- Rozetti Flora Ruffle Yarn - free 1-skein scarf pattern
- Berroco Link Super Bulky Yarn - free 1-skein scarf pattern on yarn label
- Rozetti Tundra Yarn - free 1-skein scarf pattern
- Kauni Effekgarn Yarn - free 1 skein scarf knitting pattern
- Manos Silk Blend Yarn - main street scarf free pattern
- SWTC Yang Sequined Yarn - mariposa shawl pattern free with purchase of yang yarn
- Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande Yarn - top down jacket knitting pattern
- Rozetti Marina Glitz Yarn - free 1-skein scarf pattern
- Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted Yarn - wooly stripe scarf free knitting pattern