12 Days of Holiday Cheer - Day 2: Knit Mittens!
12 Days of Holiday Cheer
Day 2: Knit Mittens!
One of my favorite Christmas memories...
Growing up, every year my grandma would ask all of the grandchildren to trace their hand and send the drawing to her along with a request of our favorite color. Christmas morning, each of us would receive a new pair of knit mittens handmade by Grandma in, of course, our favorite color...and if we were lucky, even a hat or a scarf, too! The mittens alway fit perfectly, since she would measure our outlined hands and knit up a pair of mittens from a basic pattern. Years later, when arthritis made knitting too difficult for my grandma, I received her mitten pattern booklet. When I opened it, inside was an outline of my youngest sister's hand! I still have the pattern book, the outline, and the warm memories of all those cozy mittens!
Create some holiday memories for someone you love!
Day 2 of Holiday Cheer
Mitten Patterns & My Favorite Mitten Yarns
My Favorite Mitten Patterns - 20% OFF Today Only:
- Ann Norling Basic Mittens Pattern on 4 Needles - this is the closest pattern to the one my grandma used to use!
- Ann Norling Basic Mittens Pattern on 2 Needles - this is a beginner version of the closest pattern my grandma used to use!
- Lisa Knits - Mittens, Mittens pattern
- Knitting Pure & Simple - Basic Hat & Mittens Pattern
- Fiber Trends - Kids Mitten Mania Pattern
- Fiber Trends - Felted Mittens Pattern
- Cabin Fever - Deluxe Mittens Pattern
- Mac & Me - Opera Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Mac & Me - Firm Fingerless Gloves Pattern (shown in photo above)
- Knitting Matters - My Favorite Handwarmers Pattern
- Gardiner Yarn Works Snow Day Hat & Mitts Pattern
- Mission Falls Smitten Pattern Booklet featuring 5 fun & modern mitten designs
- Mission Falls 1824 Wool Yarn
- Plymouth Paca Tweed Yarn
- Plymouth Baby Alpaca Worsted Yarn
- Cleckheaton Country 8-Ply Yarn
Hurry! Offer expires 11:59 pm, Monday 12/14/09.
Check back for Day 3 of Holiday Cheer!