Rock yer Socks Saturday!
Have you been bit by the sock bug? I have...and now can't seem to get enough of knitting them. I feel it only appropriate to list the reasons why I love them so much. Note, just like on my previous post "fast & portable" projects tend to be my top priorities.
My Favorite Reasons to Knit Socks
- Work up quickly.
- Self striping fair-isle yarn (how do they make that stuff???)
- Tiny...fits in a little bag or purse.
- They are like having 4 little projects in one (ankle, heel, instep, toe)
- Ability to "throw" in an interesting stitch pattern like lace or ribs
- Having heated debates with other knitters over preference - toe up vs. ankle down and double points vs. magic loop
The best part...all items mentioned TODAY are 20% OFF for ONE DAY ONLY!
My 10 Favorites - Sock Stuff
- All Bamboo 6" Double Pointed Needles
- Berroco SOX yarn - self striping fair isle
- Ann Norling's Adult Basic Sock Pattern (allows you to knit socks in 3 different gauges!)
- Plymouth Happy Feet hand painted sock yarn + patterns
- Lisa Knits Toe -Up Sock Patterns
- Plymouth Ribbed Alpaca Socks Pattern + Yarn
- Manos del Uruguay Fair Isle Sock Project
- Plymouth Encore self striping sock yarn - washable!
- CGOA - Crocheted Socks pattern
- Art Yarns Ultramerino Sock Yarn
20% OFF on the items listed for ONE DAY ONLY - sale ends: 11:59 pm, Saturday, August 9th, 2008.
Happy SOCK knitting!