Procrastinator's Quick Cap - FREE PATTERN
When it comes to knitting, my eyes are usually bigger than my stomach. I LOVE starting projects but then something goes awry when it comes to actually finishing them. Take for example, my dad's gift from last year...a pair of very nice socks...still one toe yet to be completed. My goal for 2008 is to try to complete projects I start. I just finished two hats and a toy this week so hopefully I'm headed in the right direction.
Now if I can just remember where I put Dad's socks so I can finish them....
Procrastinator's Quick Cap
Hadley is modeling Youth size.
Just as the name implies, this is for all of us who put things off until the last minute. It's fast, easy and fun!
Hat sizes: Child (Youth, Adult)
Completed Hat Measures: 15 1/2 (17, 18 1/2)" Please note this hat has quite a bit of stretch and if made to gauge should fit very well.
- 60 (75, 120) yards: Bulky weight yarn - We used Trendsetter Yosemite 1 (1, 2) hanks
- 16" circular needles size US 11
- Size US 11 double pointed needles
- Stitch marker
11 stitches to 4" over stockinette stitch on size 11 needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cast on 40 (44, 48) stitches on circular needle
- Place marker at beginning of round.
- (Knit 2, purl 2 - rib stitch) repeat around to marker for 3 rounds.
- Work in stockinette stitch (knit all rounds) until hat measures 5 1/2 (6 1/2, 7 1/2)" from the beginning.
- Knit onto double pointed needles and begin decreasing as follows
- (Knit next 2 sts, knit next 2 stitches together). Repeat around 10 (11, 12) times - to marker. 30 (33, 36) stitches remain.
- Knit next round.
- (Knit next stitch, knit next 2 stitches together). Repeat around 10 (11, 12) times - to marker. 20 (22, 24) stitches remain.
- Knit next round.
- (Knit next 2 stitches together). Repeat around 10 (11, 12) times - to marker. 10 (11, 12) sts remain.
- Knit 0 (1, 0) stitch. (Knit next 2 stitches together). Repeat around to marker. 5 (6, 6) stitches remain.
- Cut yarn leaving a 12" tail. Using a finishing needle, weave tail through remaining stitches. Fasten off.
- Weave in all yarn ends.