It's true. There's a holiday for everything. This one comes at the perfect time. It's the Craft Yarn Council's Anti-Boredom Month!
We're in the midst of the dog-days of summer. Gardens have been planted, holidays have passed, and the novelty of kids at home is definitely over. Why not indulge your creative side and get crafty!
All month long, the Craft Yarn Council is celebrating the fiber arts. Get out your knitting needles and crochet hooks and make something fun. Inspire new knitters and even teach them to pick up their sticks as a way to relax, unwind, and whittle away the day. After all, there are a lot of benefits to knitting.
This year, the Craft Yarn Council encourages you to knit or crochet your favorite food (nom nom nom)! What will you make? Pizza, candy, popcorn, sushi, watermelon, pineapples, and even cheeseburgers are perfect projects to knit for #craftynotbored
Yum! Food Inspired Projects on Pinterest:
Ways to Participate
- Create your favorite food then tag it with #craftynotbored on social media
- Make a Pinterest board of your favorite knit or crochet food projects
- Challenge yourself with a new project
- Teach someone to knit or crochet
- Join the Craft Yarn Council on July 21st for the Crafty Not Bored Potluck
- Have fun this month - be crafty, not bored
- Follow NobleKnits and the Craft Yarn Council on Instagram for all the fun!
Mark Your Calendar
We'll be sharing our favorite food with a food-inspired free knitting pattern here on July 21st. Make this summer a crafty one!