Yarn Review: Knit One Crochet Too Nautika
Why do I love Knit One Crochet Too's Nautika Yarn?
Nautika really is one of those unexpected yarn treasures that deserves more than a second look.
Why Is Nautika A Good Choice for Knitting
Nautika is what I consider an all-purpose fiber which has first and foremost, all of the characteristics I'm looking for to create a special, but durable project. It will work for almost everything (think: all kinds of garments, accessories, toys and even socks)!
Get to Know Nautika Yarn
- Nautika has a nice tight twist construction that is going to be kind to my needles. No loose plies for my needle tips to split and slow me down.
- Fiber Content: Acrylic (microfiber) with a touch of nylon. But it absolutely doesn't feel like acrylic, at least not any acrylic that I've touched. Nautika is very soft and has an appealing drape. It is also an excellent substitute fiber for anyone who is wool sensitive.
- Nautika's appearance is deceptively slender. but once knitted works up at an Aran/heavy worsted weight.
More things I Love About Nautika
- Great stitch definition
- Lovely, soft sheen
- Great choice for adult, baby, and children's garments
- Durable fiber and easy to launder
- Machine washable and dryable too
- Count on getting a lot of wear out of a garment crafted of Nautika
My Overall Opinion of Nautika
- Soft porcelain like shades with some deeper tones as well
- Nautika is an elegant, must-knit yarn
- Lots of fabulous knitting project using Nautika yarn
- Fiber Content: 85% Microfiber, 15% Nylon
- Yarn Weight: 50 gram skein
- Yardage/Ball: approx. 98 yards
- Gauge: 4.25 sts per inch on US 8 needles, worsted-aran weight
- Care: Machine wash & dry
So there you have it. My take on Knit One Crochet Too's Nautika yarn!
- Donna, Your Friendly Knitting Doctor