As the knitting doctor, I get this question all the time, "What is the best way to block delicate yarn?" Knitters want to preserve the delicate appearance of the yarn while getting just the right shape that blocking provides.
What is a Delicate Yarn?
Any yarn that has the following attributes that you want to maintain and not mute.
- Halos of all kinds from the most delicate haze to the big and fuzzy mohairs
- Fibers with embellishments ( i.e. sequins, ribbons and crystals)
- Fibers with sheen or metallic
- Any projects that you do not want to potentially stretch
How To Block Delicate Fibers
- Fill a spray bottle with room temperature water
- Add a drop or two of non-rinse wool wash (optional)
- Lay out your project on a flat surface
- Spray until damp and able to pat to the desired dimensions
- Pin and let dry
That's all there is to it!
- Donna, Your Friendly Knitting Doctor