Berroco Maya Yarn Review
Looking for a worsted weight yarn that's that just right for those warmer transitional and the really hot summer days? If you're like me, as soon as I get that first inkling of spring, I'm off to the races to find just the right lightweight fiber. Here's one that caught my eye, it's called Berroco Maya yarn.
Lightweight, Airy & Substantial
Take a look at the closeup photo. Notice the chainette tube construction. That's going to make this yarn light, airy and a delight to knit. Now, think about the fiber mix: 85% pima cotton (for softness) and 15% baby alpaca (for bounce & a touch of warmth).
The colorways of Maya are modern, rich and refined. Stitch definition is going to be good and will show off lace motifs and eyelets nicely, too.
Berroco Maya Yarn Specs
- Fiber Content: 85% Cotton, 15% Alpaca
- Yarn Weight: 50 gram hank
- Yardage/Ball: approx. 137 yards
- Knit Gauge: 20 sts to 4" on US 8 needles, worsted weight
- Crochet Gauge: 16 sc to 4" on H/8 (5.0mm) crochet hook
- Care: Machine wash in sweater bag, cold water, delicate cycle, lay flat to dry
There's no shortage of patterns to knit with Maya yarn! Here are a few of our favorite projects:
For even more Maya patterns, click here >
So there you have it. the scoop on another very knitable, wearable yarn!
- Donna, Your Friendly Knitting Doctor