Knitting Review: Kinki Amibari Cable Needles
Why the Right Cable = Successful Cable Knitting Projects
The right cable needle and the feel of the needle in your hands is critical to crafting attractive cables and the fun you have knitting them.
Kinki Amibari (aka KA) scores high marks for both sizing and feel. This company with the improbable name produces one of the nicest cable needles I have seen and worked with. KA has been crafting bamboo tools and implements since 1916 and is the oldest bamboo knitting needle manufacturer in Japan.
They are special! Both bamboo sets and the plastic version include 3 cable needles, to handle all but the bulkiest fibers. Take a look at the detail!
Why We Love these Cable Needles
- Smoothly crafted from sustainable bamboo.
- Curved bow shapes (bamboo or plastic) or notched style are specifically designed to hold even slippery stitches. securely.
- Longer length than most cable needles (4.75" length).
- Sharp tips able to lift even the finest lace weight yarn stitches.
- Warm in your hands and comfortable to hold.