Saturday, May 31, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
The results are in! Thanks to all of you who participated in our Alpaca Quick Quiz over the past week. We were blown away at the efforts of so many of you to answer the questions with gusto. Congratulations to "ROSE PRINCESS" (this girl knows a lot about alpaca) the winner of 2 skeins of Misti Suri Silk Handpaint yarn. (RosePrincess please email me so you may select your color).
TO ALL: a huge thanks for participating in the fun!
Please enjoy 25% OFF any purchase of Alpaca Yarn at NobleKnits.com. Offer valid until Thursday, June 5th, 2008.
Here are the answers to the Alpaca Quick Quiz:
- More than 24
- 3000-4000 B.C.
FYI - All of our information was pulled from the Misti Alpaca website.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Top 10 Reasons to LOVE Artful Yarns Candy:
- Free one ball Baby Hat Pattern included on label
- Soft cotton blend yarn
- Great for kids knitted garments
- Machine washable
- A little elastic in the yarn makes it so easy to knit
- Tasty color names like: Cotton Candy, Spearmint, & Bubblegum
- Great yarn for girl or boy projects
- Rather quick knit - worsted weight
- 119 yards of knitting pleasure per ball
- Did we mention the FREE PATTERN???
Click here to get your Candy now!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Alpaca is one of my MOST FAVORITE yarns to knit. It's light, lofty, super soft and luxurious. You will be seeing a lot of alpaca for fall this year, so take a quick quiz to see how much you know!
Here are the rules
- Post your anwers in the COMMENTS section of this blog before May 29th, 2008.
- The winner with the most correct answers will win two skeins of Misti yarn (worth $40.00)! Answers and the winner will be revealed next Thursday, May 29th, 2008. If more than one person has all answers correct, then the winner will be chosen randomly between the finalists.
- That's not all - ANYONE who plays will win a discount coupon for 25% OFF purchase of any alpaca yarn at NobleKnits.com.
- You have to play to win - the answers are pretty easy - have fun!
Alpaca Quick Quiz
- What country produces the most alpaca fiber?
- How many natural shades does alpaca come in?
- One type of alpaca has fleece that looks like dreadlocks, what type of alpaca is it?
- How long have alpacas been around?
- Can alpaca be dyed?
- Is it possible to spin alpaca with other fibers?
- What animal is often confused for an alpaca?
Don't forget to post your answers by next Thursday, May 29th, 2008.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
In case of knitting emergencies, I love to keep knitting projects in my purse. Unfortunately, since I usually shove the current project in my bag with my wallet, keys, sunglasses, lipstick...etc. I tend to lose a few stitches and I hate when that happens. Hense, the need for these adorable Zecca Point Protectors in the little organza pouch!
They come in two sizes; small and large - just right for almost all of my knitting needles.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Top 5 reasons people love knitting the Yin Yang Bolero Kit
- All garter stitch - no purling.
- Beautiful self-striping cotton.
- Works up quickly.
- Only needs 4-6 balls of yarn.
- Looks great on everyone!
Make it your next summer knitting project!
Color substitutions are welcome - check out all of the amazing colors in Ty-Dy yarn - we love Painted Desert and Cafe Latte together.
Friday, May 16, 2008
I love knitting in the summer. To me, it usually means small, portable, and fun projects. It's a time when I start knitting/crocheting gifts that will (hopefully) be finished in time for the holidays.
Since Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner, we have MANY new project ideas to get you inspired to start your summer knitting projects, too!
Click here for all the supplies you'll need to knit this striped and scalloped cap project.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Thursday, May 01, 2008
My friend Barb knit up this beautiful (and evidentally very cozy) sweater for her grand-nephew, Carl. He & and the sweater are so cute, I thought it was worth sharing. Barb knitted this using one of our favorite yarns for kids, Mission Falls 1824 Cotton.
We love to see and share projects you have knit or crocheted! If you would like us to post your project, knitting ideas, or quick tip...just email me by clicking on the ABOUT ME photo link on the left!